Elden Ring, developed by FromSoftware and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment, has garnered widespread acclaim for its challenging gameplay, rich lore, and immersive world. In addition to its single-player campaign, Elden Ring features multiplayer components, allowing players to summon cooperators and tackle the game’s challenges together.
Common Issues with Summoning Cooperators in Elden Ring
Players may occasionally encounter issues while attempting to summon cooperators in Elden Ring, such as not seeing summon signs or failing to connect with other players. These problems can arise due to various factors, including network settings, the player’s level, or incompatibilities between platforms and game generations.
Cross-Platform and Cross-Gen Play in Elden Ring
Elden Ring does not support cross-platform play, meaning players on PlayStation consoles cannot interact with those on Xbox or PC. However, the game does support cross-gen play within the same console family, allowing PS4 and PS5 users, as well as Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S users, to play together.
Solutions for Summoning Cooperators in Elden Ring
- Check Network Settings: Ensure your network settings are correctly configured and that you have a stable internet connection. Additionally, double-check that you are playing online and have not accidentally enabled an offline mode.
- Confirm Password Matching: If you are using a password to connect with specific players, ensure that all players have entered the correct password in their game settings.
- Examine Player Level: Elden Ring employs level-based matchmaking, restricting players from summoning cooperators too far above or below their level. Verify that you and your intended cooperator are within the appropriate level range to connect.
- Consider Platform and Generation Compatibility: Remember that Elden Ring does not support cross-platform play. Ensure you and your cooperator are playing on the same platform (PlayStation, Xbox, or PC) and within the same console family if playing on consoles (PS4/PS5 or Xbox One/Xbox Series X/S).
- Try Restarting the Game: If all else fails, try restarting the game or console to refresh the connection and resolve potential issues.
More from us:
- Melina in Elden Ring: A Comprehensive Guide to Finding and Saving the Mysterious NPC
- Is Elden Ring Cross-Platform? Exploring Cross-Play Possibilities
- Maidenless in Elden Ring: What It Means and How It Affects Gameplay
FAQs about Elden Ring Co-op
Q: Will Elden Ring get cross-platform support? A: Currently, there is no indication that Elden Ring will receive cross-platform support. However, players can enjoy cross-gen play within the same console family (PS4/PS5 and Xbox One/Xbox Series X/S).
Q: How long does it take to beat Elden Ring? A: Completing the main objectives in Elden Ring takes approximately 54.5 hours. For those looking to explore every aspect of the game, expect to invest over 130 hours in the experience.